150g of sweet potato noodles or dried glass noodles
1 tablespoon of oil
3 cloves of minced garlic
150g of beef or chicken cut into very thin strips
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
2 tablespoon of light soya sauce
150g of puay leng (spinach), leaves trimmed
2 carrots cut into match sticks
2 spring onions cut into short lengths
4 fresh shiitake mushrooms with stems trimmed and caps sliced
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of corn flour
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce mixed with water
1. First cut the chicken into thin slices and marinate with the corn flour, 1 teaspoon of light soya sauce, a dash of pepper and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
2. Cut the carrots, mushrooms, spring onions.
3. Boil the water and add the sweet potato noodles and cooked it till soft. Once soft, drain off the water and set aside.
4. Stir fry the garlic till golden brown and fragrant. Add in the chicken or beef, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce and stir fry till browned. Add the vegetables in to stir fry till tender.
5. Add in the glass noodles and toss well to combine the seasoning with the sugar, salt and remaining oyster sauce. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve hot .
** A note to take: this might be a bit bland for you guys out there so adjust the seasoning accordingly. I try to cook as bland as possible for health sake of my family and friends.